Test Systems Engineer Sr
Parker Aerospace, an operating segment of Parker Hannifin Corporation, is one of the world’s leading producers of flight control, hydraulic, fuel, inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, and engine systems and components for the aerospace industry. We design and build equipment for virtually every aircraft and aero engine being produced in the world today.
Evaluates products by designing and conducting a variety of performance, environmental, and operational tests to ensure customer design specifications are met. Coordinates qualification and research and development test programs of diverse/difficult scope and complexity.
1. Determines test objectives and overall testing requirements of diverse/difficult scope and complexity by studying product characteristics, customer requirements, and government regulations, conferring with management and design teams.
2. Meets test objectives by determining testing methods, phases, and conditions. Ensures customer test criteria is correctly interpreted and applied by writing development and qualification test procedures and preparing technical reports and data sheets,
3. Conducts appropriate performance, life tests, environmental, structural, and operational tests for major or new programs and customers to validate product performance to customer design specifications. May have frequent formal and informal interface with customers on status and results of testing.
4. Reports complex test outcomes by collecting, analyzing, interpreting, summarizing, and displaying data and recommending test changes when required. May be involved in setting test criteria and methodology for product transfer from research and development to production. Provides test status and milestone charts to development teams and customers.
5. Consults with design engineers to solve complex problems in the development and qualification of new products. Devises tests to establish root cause of problems; participates in design reviews; analyzes and evaluates test data and characterizes product performance.
6. Assures test readiness and customer satisfaction by reviewing and signing-off test fixture drawings, ordering special test equipment, and coordinating existing in-house test equipment. May develop and propose new analytical methods and techniques. Interfaces with outside test lab facilities to provide technical support for tests in progress, test rescheduling, test coordination, test failures, and test reports.
7. Interprets and analyzes test results. Investigates and resolves testing problems (e.g. test equipment or process) and recommends alternative testing procedures or changes in methods. Confers with management, Test Technicians, Project Engineers, and/or Customer Engineers on revisions to test objectives, methods, and standards.
8. Refines and enhances products and process by applying continuous improvement and lean manufacturing/production principles and techniques to critical areas of production. May lead special projects for a variety of products and processes.
9. Administers and maintains a test information database to ensure efficient storage and retrieval of relevant data. May develop information requirements and design criteria for information systems (e.g. a searchable electronic database of all test data).
10. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publications, benchmarking best practices, and/or participating in professional associations.
11. Complies with federal, state, and aerospace industry regulations. Studies existing and new legislation, ensures adherence to requirements, and advises management on needed actions. Maintains safe test environment by enforcing and complying with procedures, rules, regulations, and industry standards.
12. May provide leadership to others in department. Acts as prime contact on high level projects. Establishes goals and objectives required to complete projects. Trains and mentors less experienced employees.
Shares specialized knowledge with others. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Work assignments may include cross-functional or project team responsibilities (e.g. continuous improvement).
Education and Experience
Bachelors degree (BS) in engineering is required. Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through six or more years of related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Thorough knowledge of test engineering theories, principles, industry practices, procedures, concepts, techniques, regulations, and policies. Working knowledge of electronic, hydraulic, and/or pneumatic test equipment, military specifications and test procedures. Ability to apply broad knowledge of other related engineering areas to area of expertise. Ability to assess and effectively implement continuous improvement principles and techniques. Ability to use standard business applications and specialized data analysis tools that may include database, network, or project management applications. Ability to work on technical problems of diverse scope and complexity where analysis and evaluation of various outcomes require trade-offs; solve a wide range of difficult problems in imaginative and practical ways and evaluate alternative solutions that may require coordination across multiple teams. Ability to establish goals and objectives to complete projects and provide status to the team at project milestones; effectively exert influence on the overall team and function objectives; read, analyze, and interpret policies, military specifications, and customer requirements and recommend changes to procedures. Ability to effectively communicate and present information to team members, team leaders, vendors, other teams, customers, and top management; respond to significant inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; to provide leadership to others in area of specialization and effectively act as the prime contact on high level projects. Ability to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and participate in goal-setting, performance feedback, and self-development activities.
This role is subject to compliance with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), which requires the incumbent to be either a US citizen, lawful permanent resident [“green card” holders].
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This position is subject to meeting export compliance eligibility requirements.
(“Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Something looks off?