Commercial Aerospace Program Manager (based in Dublin, GA)
Come join the Parker Aerospace Team!
- We believe in the importance of work/life integration and support hybrid work arrangements.
- Interested in furthering your education? We offer up to $10,000 in tuition reimbursement per calendar year as well as education benefits.
- Work hard, play hard! We enjoy celebrating our employees for all that they do. You can look forward to various social committee activities throughout the year including an End-of-Year BBQ, Halloween Contest, Holiday Party, etc.
- Dress for your Day – we offer flexibility in your options for work attire including being able to wear jeans throughout the work week.
- We offer competitive vacation and 13 paid holidays - enjoy time off with family and friends during the company-wide holiday shut down at the end of the year.
- Take advantage of our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) which is a free, confidential service provided to employees and their family members to help deal with any personal problems at work or at home.
- Stay healthy with wellness! Earn rewards for participating in health and emotional wellbeing challenges, and receive an annual biometric screening.
- Employee discounts on various services (car purchases, computer purchases, life adventures, etc.)
- 401(k) with a 5% matching contribution with immediate investing in addition to a 3% RIA match (overall 8% company match)!
- Competitive annual bonus incentive plan. Comprehensive medical and dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care.
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts.
- Refer a family member or friend and receive a generous award for referrals that are hired (up to $4,000)!
This is a critical Program Manager role for Parker Aerospace's Commercial Flight Controls Division. This role is located in a sister Parker facility in Dublin, GA and will report into the Director of Programs in Ogden, UT. The program manager is the key interface with commercial aerospace customers. Manages and is accountable for the contract performance for programs or a set of related projects to achieve programmatic business objectives throughout the program lifecycle. Serves as the customer advocate and ensures effective program management processes, schedule, cost, resources, risk, project change management, and commitments to customers are met.
Manages a program or combination of programs of broad scope and complexity. Programs typically are for a large or a diverse set of customers, market segment(s) or product line(s). Program scope is generally evaluated based on non-recurring engineering cost of the program(s).
Has regular interaction with customers, division leaders and executives within Parker and within assigned customers.
- Ensures customer requirements are met and are in the best interests of Parker by creating the program charter, baseline plan, and other program management components. Ensures that the cost basis and/or pricing is correct by evaluating resource requirements and performing risk analyses. As described by AGS PRM-01 (Program Management Policy).
- Responsible for integrated program schedules, data integration, tracking of financial and quality performance, and implementation of corrective actions covering all areas of program responsibility. Addresses critical issues on complex programs and leads the team to develop action plans to improve performance.
- Leads the development of program plans covering mature and new product development programs. Participates in program planning efforts; directs all phases of programs throughout the program lifecycle.
- Serves as the primary point of contact to the program’s customer and is responsible for the negotiation of contract changes related to scope management.
- Organizes and leads programs by defining and identifying required expertise; provides feedback on contribution and performance to team members and their direct manager if in a matrix role. Responsible for plans, budgets, staffing, training, and development of direct staff.
- Oversees and approves task planning on programs including resource requirements and effort estimates related to program performance. Establishes and communicates overall priorities and changing program requirements to functional areas. May manage and/or specify subcontracted work.
- Ensures strong customer relationships by responding to all customer requests and serving as the primary point of contact for assigned program activities, status and problem resolution.
- Serves as key presenter and facilitator at major program reviews. Ensures meeting actions are documented and communicated.
- Acts as a consultant to management on specific programs or overall program management. Establishes goals and objectives required to complete programs. Provides mentoring within program management and leadership to varied project teams.
- Maintains professional and technical/product knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical/specialty publications, and/or participating in professional associations. Shares specialized knowledge with others and serves as a resource or expert on program management principles and practices.
- Bachelor degree (BS/BA) in Engineering, Sciences, Business or a related field; and prior program or significant project management experience. PMP certification required, typically within 6 months of assignment; advanced degree (MS/MBA) and additional certifications (e.g., PgMP, PMI-RMP) preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through ten or more years of related work experience; including four or more years leading multiple projects/programs of varying complexity and scope and direct leadership of teams. Prior cross-functional and business experience preferred.
- Expert knowledge and proficiency with program management processes, methodology, and architecture.
- Ability to effectively demonstrate business skills and lead multiple projects, professional staff, and cross-functional matrixed teams.
- Thorough knowledge of industry practices and the marketplace associated with fielded product or service.
- Specialized knowledge of aerospace commercial contracting and procurement requirements and understanding of financial and labor cost systems and production processes.
- Proficient in the use of business applications software and the ability to use specialized project management and financial applications.
- Skilled at analyzing and interpreting complex policies, contractual language, and financial reports.
- Ability to respond to and negotiate with customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Skilled at communicating and presenting program information to various levels of management, customers, and/or suppliers.
The essential functions have been provided as examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions. The job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position.
Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies. For more than a century the company has been enabling engineering breakthroughs that lead to a better tomorrow. Learn more at www.parker.com or @parkerhannifin.
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This position is subject to meeting export compliance eligibility requirements.
(“Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf