Perry Ellis International
Use forklifts or other motorized equipment to load and move pallets of merchandise from one area of the warehouse to another.
This can be done while receiving goods from containers, pulling goods from racks needed for orders, or loading goods into trucks in the shipping area. Under the direction of a warehouse manager, supervisor, or lead, may be assigned to any warehouse activity as business needs dictate, including rework, picking, packing, receiving, and shipping functions.
This position is located in Dublin, GA
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates forklift equipment and other motorized equipment, as required
- Load, unload, and move merchandise onto or from pallets, shelves, racks, trucks, etc with equipment or manually.
- Convey materials from storage or the worksite to a designated area using a forklift
- Be certified for use of equipment.
- Uses RF scanners to identify merchandise, uses correct PkMS functions, and performs crosschecks, as needed
- Crosscheck that correct merchandise from the correct location is chosen
- Operate equipment in a safe manner following safety guidelines
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Basic Reading/Mathematical Computation Skills
- Ability and knowledge on the use of hand tools and RF scanners
- Ability to use a computer and learn to use correctly PkMS warehouse management system
- Be licensed to operate equipment
- Attention to detail and quality of work
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities.
- Knowledge of basic warehouse procedures
- Ability to cross-train in different warehouse activities
- Knowledge of safety procedures in the use of the equipment
- This position requires the normal demands of any job, such as sitting, standing, reaching with arms and hands, walking, talking and hearing.
- Position requires the ability to lift boxes of around 25 pounds each.
- Activities of this job require working overtime often, and especially long hours at month-end
- Ability to stand all day long or operate equipment all day long
- Ability to lift and stack/unstack cartons onto or from pallets.
While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The warehouse environment can be quite noisy, and warm with no air conditioning.
Minimum of one year in a warehouse environment operating forklift equipment.
High school diploma or equivalent