SENIOR DIE CORRECTOR
Our company culture is built upon YKK’s philosophy called the CYCLE OF GOODNESS™. We believe that providing value and being fair to our customers and our employees is what makes us a successful company in return. Guided by our core values and fundamental behaviors, we strive to foster a caring company, committed employees and challenging work that benefits our employees, customers, and communities. We offer competitive compensation packages, training and advancement opportunities. YKK AP America provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package designed to provide the security they need to enjoy life at home and at work. By providing a high level of benefit coverage at a reasonable cost to the employee, we hope to foster a long and productive employment relationship.
Identify issues and make corrections to existing dies so they perform as required. Documenting these changes so replacement die will have improved performance.
- Polish / make corrections to die tooling.
- Review new die designs with Dept manager recommending possible improvements.
- Document corrections so it can be utilized for redesign of next die.
- Review die performance history and recommend changes to design to improve performance.
- Identify tooling by size, type and where it is stored
- Enter data into computer system.
- Understand hazards and what chemicals are used in caustic and nitride areas.
- Identify defects on die bearings and technique to repair them.
- Understand metal flow in a die and techniques to change it.
- Read section prints and inspect extrusions to the print
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to properly use and understand measuring equipment and tools.
- Proper operation of mill machine, die press, sandblaster, and caustic system.
- Compiles, stores, and retrieves production data for good die ratio and efficiency gains
- Must have at least 5-8 Years of experience of Die Correction in the architectural product manufacturing experience.
- Must have at least high school diploma or GED.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Employment with YKK AP America Inc. is conditioned upon successfully completing a negative drug test for the presence of illegal drugs.