MACHINIST / DIE MAKER III
Our company culture is built upon YKK’s philosophy called the CYCLE OF GOODNESS™. We believe that providing value and being fair to our customers and our employees is what makes us a successful company in return. Guided by our core values and fundamental behaviors, we strive to foster a caring company, committed employees and challenging work that benefits our employees, customers, and communities. We offer competitive compensation packages, training and advancement opportunities. YKK AP America provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package designed to provide the security they need to enjoy life at home and at work. By providing a high level of benefit coverage at a reasonable cost to the employee, we hope to foster a long and productive employment relationship.
Summary: The purpose of this position is to carry out assigned duties in making dies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Operate manual machines in die manufacturing.
- Heat treat and nitriding.
- Deburring and Finishing Dies
- Rework for Die Correction
- Operate NC Machines
- Perform Die Inspections
- Perform Scribing Operations
- Perform RE electrode stepping out
- Perform other related work as required by the leadership
- Follow all safety and environmental protocols.
- Required: High School diploma/GED
- Required: Machine Tool Technology Degree or at least 10 years of transferrable related experience within a manufacturing or production environment.
- Required: Machine Shop with CNC, EDM Desired
- Programming skills a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Employment with YKK AP America Inc. is conditioned upon successfully completing a negative drug test for the presence of illegal drugs.