MANAGER, FACILITIES ENGINEERING
Our company culture is built upon YKK’s philosophy called the CYCLE OF GOODNESS™. We believe that providing value and being fair to our customers and our employees is what makes us a successful company in return. Guided by our core values and fundamental behaviors, we strive to foster a caring company, committed employees and challenging work that benefits our employees, customers, and communities. We offer competitive compensation packages, training and advancement opportunities. YKK AP America provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package designed to provide the security they need to enjoy life at home and at work. By providing a high level of benefit coverage at a reasonable cost to the employee, we hope to foster a long and productive employment relationship.
The Manager, Facilities Engineering oversees the maintenance and repair of the Dublin Manufacturing Facility and all related facilities and equipment. The incumbent manages the implementation of the plant’s Maintenance and Reliability Programs and identifies those items which need improvement or additional work and he/she works with the plant operating staff personnel to ensure plant facilities and equipment are maintained in a safe and efficient operating condition at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following
- Implementing a maintenance program with emphasis on work planning, scheduling and execution and preventive and predictive maintenance task completion.
- Overseeing the activities of maintenance personnel in performing maintenance and repair activities.
- Providing task lists and schedules for plant maintenance and contract personnel for normal operating periods, planned outage periods, and forced outage situations.
- Leading the assessment, people scheduling, parts and service acquisition and management of all emergency and break-in work.
- Developing and maintaining the plant’s Maintenance procedures and manuals are ensuring they are properly filed and kept up-to-date.
- Supporting and maintaining the plant’s safety procedures and goals. Promoting and driving safety compliance within the maintenance team.
- Sustaining the morale and motivation of maintenance personnel and handling employee issues as they arise.
- Coordinating with the location’s screening and hiring of maintenance personnel, and the on-boarding, training, equipping and motivating of the maintenance team.
- Participating in the creation of plant’s maintenance and reliability budgets.
- Prefer Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline or commensurate experience.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of Management experience to include at least seven (7) years of maintenance / engineering experience
- Detailed knowledge of regulatory requirements for plant operation and environmental monitoring.
- Effective management and leadership skills and working knowledge of organization, financial, and administrative principles obtained through specialized classes and OJT.
- Capability to coordinate with site host procurement in administration or third party contracted services and various subcontracts.
- Effective communication and human resource skills.
- Thorough knowledge of budgeting and operations planning. Working knowledge of planning and scheduling processes, computerized maintenance management systems and related maintenance recordkeeping.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Employment with YKK AP America Inc. is conditioned upon successfully completing a negative drug test for the presence of illegal drugs.