DESIGN ENGINEER, PD
Our company culture is built upon YKK’s philosophy called the CYCLE OF GOODNESS™. We believe that providing value and being fair to our customers and our employees is what makes us a successful company in return. Guided by our core values and fundamental behaviors, we strive to foster a caring company, committed employees and challenging work that benefits our employees, customers, and communities. We offer competitive compensation packages, training and advancement opportunities. YKK AP America provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package designed to provide the security they need to enjoy life at home and at work. By providing a high level of benefit coverage at a reasonable cost to the employee, we hope to foster a long and productive employment relationship.
The purpose of this position is to conduct product design and analytical studies on engineering proposals to develop design solutions toward achieving the annual Product Development plan
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities
- Utilize computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering and design tasks.
- Implement basic product developments, and maintain and update drawing on a regular basis.
- Utilize knowledge of equipment and fabrication processes to assist in creating advanced level drawings.
- Work closely with Marketing, Sales, Engineering and Manufacturing to define the scope of product targets in the implementation of the projects.
- Analysis of the product relevant information from key stakeholders within and outside the company, and research market and competitor products, and develop and improve new/existing products.
- Research and analysis of the competitor products based on Design Operation manager advise.
- Prepares or directs preparation of product or system layout and detailed drawings and schematics.
- Direct and coordinates manufacturing or building of prototype product or system.
- Confer with engineering personal to resolve the problems relating to product design, fabrication and specifications, and to review test plans such as types and cycles of tests, conditions under which tests are to be conducted, and duration of tests.
- Analyze test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Evaluates engineering test results for possible application to development of systems or other uses.
- Monitor controls and instruments and record test data.
- Coordinate and participate in installing unit or system to be tested in test fixtures, connecting valves, pumps, hydraulic, mechanical or electrical controls, cabling, tubing, power source, and indicating instruments
- Prepare and deliver (Powerpoint type) presentations to peer groups and managers.
Basic Skills and Requirements
- Communication skills and exceptional interpersonal skills with an ability to develop collaborative relationships.
- Ability to utilize AutoCad, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Basic knowledge of commercial and residential products, building codes, and testing standard.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Business Administration, Engineering, Architecture or Building Construction plus a minimum of 3 years of experience in the Commercial or Residential Construction industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses and Professional Associations:
- No certifications, licenses or membership in a professional organization is required. However, the following would be beneficial:
- AAMA Fenestration Associate
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Employment with YKK AP America Inc. is conditioned upon successfully completing a negative drug test for the presence of illegal drugs.