MATERIAL HANDLER II
Our company culture is built upon YKK’s philosophy called the CYCLE OF GOODNESS™. We believe that providing value and being fair to our customers and our employees is what makes us a successful company in return. Guided by our core values and fundamental behaviors, we strive to foster a caring company, committed employees and challenging work that benefits our employees, customers, and communities. We offer competitive compensation packages, training and advancement opportunities. YKK AP America provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package designed to provide the security they need to enjoy life at home and at work. By providing a high level of benefit coverage at a reasonable cost to the employee, we hope to foster a long and productive employment relationship.
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities
- Counts, weighs, measures, or examines packaging and contents of items for conformance to company specifications.
- Job requires constant stooping, bending, kneeling, and lifting in excess of 15 to 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand for a minimum of eight (8) hours
- Performs inventory work as required.
- Interprets work orders & pick sheets following written instructions to determine materials or carts to be moved or staged.
- Unloads & examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages & corresponds with responsible parties to rectify damages & shortages.
- Operates a fork truck, side loader, reach lift, or yard truck to move materials, carts, and pallets to and from designated areas both systematically and physically.
- Performs daily maintenance and inspection of assigned lifts
- Assist in combining carts and pallets to better utilize warehouse space
- Keeps assigned work area clean at all times
- Complete any other related duties required and/or assigned by leadman, supervisor or manager
- Ability to handle inventory control procedures not limited to picking, receiving, stocking, and delivery to the correct destinations.
- Must be able to operate hand held scanners or computer to perform necessary transactions
- Verify accuracy of inventory by counting, weighing, or measuring items and comparing size, weight, description, and item numbers with information on invoices or packing slips and purchase orders; record any discrepancies or damages.
- Ability to read, understand, and execute daily pick lists including but not limited to purchased hardware, CSH, and Kanban requirements.
- Communicate effectively with fellow employees
- Submits proper documents and notifications to accounts payable
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
- Be vigilant about safety
- Quality - conscious, oriented to excellence
- High School diploma/GED (minimum)
- Have a good understanding of BPCS & ADC systems
- Good communications and computer skills
- Ability to add & subtract, multiply, divide.
- Knowledge of inventory procedures and transactions
- Ability to carry out detail written or oral instructions
- Reliable and dependable attendance records
- Knowledge of and internal training on hazardous materials (Rec)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Employment with YKK AP America Inc. is conditioned upon successfully completing a negative drug test for the presence of illegal drugs.