Our company culture is built upon YKK’s philosophy called the CYCLE OF GOODNESS™. We believe that providing value and being fair to our customers and our employees is what makes us a successful company in return. Guided by our core values and fundamental behaviors, we strive to foster a caring company, committed employees and challenging work that benefits our employees, customers, and communities. We offer competitive compensation packages, training and advancement opportunities. YKK AP America provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package designed to provide the security they need to enjoy life at home and at work. By providing a high level of benefit coverage at a reasonable cost to the employee, we hope to foster a long and productive employment relationship.
This position with plan, direct and coordinate manufacturing processes in an industrial environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform regular Safety Risk Observations to support proper work culture assessment of workers and use of Equipment during work activities.
- Perform Engineer Audits of established labor, quality and safety standards to ensure compliance to SOP & Procedures, effect immediately corrections upon finding deviations.
- Support CNC activities including: writing programs and testing programs as well as have an in depth knowledge of machine operation.
- Actively Lead and support Continuous Improvement activities of TPM Pillar team activities
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Corresponds with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Communicates with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Assists Product Development in the review of process capability in respect to layout and equipment constraints.
- Corresponds with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Provides leaders with project status updates, feedback, and appropriate reporting on key process focused objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Discipline
- Preferred - 2+ years’ experience in an Engineering role within a Manufacturing Environment
- Required - Proficient in AutoCAD
- Demonstrated knowledge of Lean or Six Sigma.
- Preferred - Proficient in CNC programming
- Experience in Process Mapping and Time Studies a plus.
- Strong mathematical skills
- Be able to read/interpret blueprints ad technical drawings
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills (e.g. can conduct root cause analysis, make recommendations, and track results.
- Strong written, oral, communication and presentation skills required (including comfort with Excel and PowerPoint) across many levels within the organization.
- A sense of urgency to act and area ownership is required.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities, performs other duties as assigned or required.
This position will help support the Midwest and Texas Manufacturing Facilities and will require occasional travel. Most traveling will include overnight stays to visit operations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Employment with YKK AP America Inc. is conditioned upon successfully completing a negative drug test for the presence of illegal drugs.