FABRICATION TECHNICIAN II
Our company culture is built upon YKK’s philosophy called the CYCLE OF GOODNESS™. We believe that providing value and being fair to our customers and our employees is what makes us a successful company in return. Guided by our core values and fundamental behaviors, we strive to foster a caring company, committed employees and challenging work that benefits our employees, customers, and communities. We offer competitive compensation packages, training and advancement opportunities. YKK AP America provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package designed to provide the security they need to enjoy life at home and at work. By providing a high level of benefit coverage at a reasonable cost to the employee, we hope to foster a long and productive employment relationship.
The purpose of this position is to use various hand tools and machines to cut, fabricate, and assemble architectural aluminum products.
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities
- Fabricates all Window products from aluminum extrusions using standard drawings and hand tools such as drills, screwdrivers, saws, etc., as well as milling machines, glazing machine, and CNC machines for hardware preparations and configurations.
- Fabricates, assembles and understands quality requirements for each process of cut, prep, assembly .and glaze.
- Comprehends and completes fabrication and assembly on a sequence of operations concerning each window system.
- Identifies and tags material with written symbol for assembly and inspection
- Performs all general production work as required.
- May be required to work off shifts
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
- High School diploma/GED (minimum)
- Experience working with hand tools preferred
- Requires constant lifting in excess of 35-40 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for a minimum ten (10) hour period of time.
- Requires stooping, bending and kneeling.
- Must have good communication and organizational skills.
- Be vigilant about safety
- Quality - conscious, oriented to excellence
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Employment with YKK AP America Inc. is conditioned upon successfully completing a negative drug test for the presence of illegal drugs.