TEAM LEAD, PACKING
Our company culture is built upon YKK’s philosophy called the CYCLE OF GOODNESS™. We believe that providing value and being fair to our customers and our employees is what makes us a successful company in return. Guided by our core values and fundamental behaviors, we strive to foster a caring company, committed employees and challenging work that benefits our employees, customers, and communities. We offer competitive compensation packages, training and advancement opportunities. YKK AP America provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package designed to provide the security they need to enjoy life at home and at work. By providing a high level of benefit coverage at a reasonable cost to the employee, we hope to foster a long and productive employment relationship.
The purpose of this position is to carry out duties in accordance with overseeing and coordinating the department’s daily productivity and production by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Make Department rounds and ensure all employees conduct pre-shift equipment checks.
- Leads daily stretches and one point safety talks at the start of each shift.
- Coordinates daily production requirements via dispatch schedule and coordinates the sequencing of materials through the process to ensure efficient utilization of resources.
- Ensures work area and all shift employees follow safety regulations to include but not limited PPE, confined space, spill control, lockout tagout, 5S and general working conditions.
- Conduct monthly safety topic meetings with employees and complete daily and monthly environmental/5S audits and daily quality checks.
- Reviews and recommends to Department Leadership any measures to improve the department and areas to include but not limited to production methods, equipment, quality, safety, and service, performance of the equipment and individual’s shift responsibilities.
- Responsible for the training and development of their individual crew including safety, quality, SOP, handheld and side loader training
- Administer disciplinary actions
- Primary trainer for Crane, and Mobile Equipment operations within the packing department.
- Participates in the interview process for new hires as schedule allows.
- Cover overtime for other Team Leads within the Department.
- Required: High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Preferred: 3-5 years of Leadership experience within a Manufacturing or Warehousing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Fork lift and side loader certified
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Employment with YKK AP America Inc. is conditioned upon successfully completing a negative drug test for the presence of illegal drugs.