FABRICATION TECHNICIAN II
Our company culture is built upon YKK’s philosophy called the CYCLE OF GOODNESS™. We believe that providing value and being fair to our customers and our employees is what makes us a successful company in return. Guided by our core values and fundamental behaviors, we strive to foster a caring company, committed employees and challenging work that benefits our employees, customers, and communities. We offer competitive compensation packages, training and advancement opportunities. YKK AP America provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package designed to provide the security they need to enjoy life at home and at work. By providing a high level of benefit coverage at a reasonable cost to the employee, we hope to foster a long and productive employment relationship.
Summary: The purpose of this position is to carry out assigned duties, primarily focused on material handling within the thermal department but support all departmental needs as business demands require.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Operate forklift to move material within the department and to other departments as needed.
- Set up and operate primer machine, pouring machine, and debridge mill as required by production schedule.
- Inspect out-going material and record dimensional checks on inspection sheets as mandated by inspection SOP.
- Performs any duties related to set-up and operation of all thermal department machinery.
- Cover overtime as needed within the Department.
- High School diploma/GED (minimum)
- Must have at least 1 year of manufacturing experience
- Preferred: at least 1 year of experience operating a forklift or other power industrial vehicles.
- Employee must be able to stand for a minimum eight (8) hour period but could be more as much as twelve (12) hours.
- Job requires regular stooping, bending and kneeling.
- Must have good communication and organizational skills.
- Must have experience working with hand tools.
- Be vigilant about safety
- Quality - conscious, oriented to excellence
YKK AP America Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Learn more about your EEO rights as an applicant .
YKK AP America Inc. participates in the E-Verify program as required by law. Learn more about the E-Verify program .
YKK AP America Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can follow the process outlined below when applying for a position: Provide your name and contact information to YKK AP's Accommodations team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request will be responded to as soon as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Employment with YKK AP America Inc. is conditioned upon successfully completing a negative drug test for the presence of illegal drugs.