ASSISTANT MANAGER, PACKING
Our company culture is built upon YKK’s philosophy called the CYCLE OF GOODNESS™. We believe that providing value and being fair to our customers and our employees is what makes us a successful company in return. Guided by our core values and fundamental behaviors, we strive to foster a caring company, committed employees and challenging work that benefits our employees, customers, and communities. We offer competitive compensation packages, training and advancement opportunities. YKK AP America provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package designed to provide the security they need to enjoy life at home and at work. By providing a high level of benefit coverage at a reasonable cost to the employee, we hope to foster a long and productive employment relationship.
The purpose of this position is to assist the manager in the coordination of the department’s Safety, Quality, Productivity and Production by performing the following duties personally or with assistance of subordinate staff. This position is required to manage production associates within their assigned shift while assisting in the training of associates, operation of equipment, equipment trouble diagnostics, and repair of production equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (80%).
- Perform a walk-through of the process each morning to evaluate 5S and overall housekeeping.
- Meet with shift leaders to understand any issues needing attention.
- Collect daily reports from each shift and any additional documents which require attention.
- Assist in the Troubleshooting of equipment and support Maintenance as needed in corrective actions and repairs for equipment.
- Be competent in areas of production orders and operations, daily schedules and delivery dates, inventory, and general workflow.
- Responsible for tracking inventory accuracy and maintaining cycle count procedures
- Studies production methods and recommends improvements for efficiency.
- Responsible for assisting in coordinating and overseeing department shutdowns.
- Monthly Reports which include environmental, safety, and inventory.
- Track orders daily through the departments to ensure dispatch dates are met.
Supervisory Responsibilities (20%):
- Responsible for daily production reporting.
- Coordinates and maintains documentation on 1-point safety meeting, monthly safety meeting, and monthly environmental training packet.
- Ensures work area and all shift employees follow safety regulations to include but not limited PPE, confined space, spill control, lockout tag out, 5S and general working conditions.
- Reviews and recommends to manager any measures to improve the department and areas to include but not limited to production methods, equipment, quality, safety, service and overall performance of the department.
- Training Team Leads and associates.
- Responsible for interviewing and making department hiring decisions along with termination recommendations.
- Coaching/counseling associates, addressing complaints and resolving problems with the assistance of the Department Manager.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) plus 1 - 3 years of experience in a manufacturing department or industrial environment
- Must have at least 5 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment preferably within warehousing and distribution.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and G-Suite
YKK AP America Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Learn more about your EEO rights as an applicant .
YKK AP America Inc. participates in the E-Verify program as required by law. Learn more about the E-Verify program .
YKK AP America Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can follow the process outlined below when applying for a position: Provide your name and contact information to YKK AP's Accommodations team at email@example.com. Your request will be responded to as soon as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Employment with YKK AP America Inc. is conditioned upon successfully completing a negative drug test for the presence of illegal drugs.