GROUP MANAGER, ENVIRONMENTAL
Our company culture is built upon YKK’s philosophy called the CYCLE OF GOODNESS™. We believe that providing value and being fair to our customers and our employees is what makes us a successful company in return. Guided by our core values and fundamental behaviors, we strive to foster a caring company, committed employees and challenging work that benefits our employees, customers, and communities. We offer competitive compensation packages, training and advancement opportunities. YKK AP America provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package designed to provide the security they need to enjoy life at home and at work. By providing a high level of benefit coverage at a reasonable cost to the employee, we hope to foster a long and productive employment relationship.
The purpose of this position is to plan, direct, and implement organizational environmental programs to ensure a safe, healthy, and environmentally compliant workplace by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate employees for a multi-site organization within the United States and Canada.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Obtain and maintain all required environmental permits related to air quality, industrial wastewater, stormwater, hazardous waste, etc. by preparing and filing timely permit applications with appropriate state agencies and local authorities.
- Prepare and maintain appropriate environmental plans for Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure (SPCC), Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP), Hazardous Waste Contingency Plan, waste reduction, etc.
- Complete daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual inspections, monitoring and recordkeeping required by permit and compliance plans and take measures to implement corrective measures, as needed.
- Work with facility personnel to obtain data required to calculate and submit required environmental reports to the agencies including, Title V semi-annual reports, wastewater and stormwater Discharge Monitoring Reports (DMR), Tier II, Form R reports, Biennial RCRA Hazardous Waste Report, etc.
- Provide environmental support and leadership to other YKK AP operations, including routine training and site audits.
- Maintain knowledge of current and proposed environmental regulations and statutes, and provide interpretive guidance, relevant to YKK AP operation.
- Establishes and maintain programs to ensure that operating permits are in order based on current operating needs.
- Provide timely updates of facility status to corporate management.
- Perform root cause analysis on any deviation reported.
- Monitor and characterize wastewater to ensure proper management and compliance with applicable requirements.
- Ensure the proper disposal of solid and hazardous waste and lead a plant-wide effort to eliminate solid waste by reducing process waters, reusing, and recycling various materials.
- Establishes and implements plant-wide communications pertaining to environmental compliance to ensure employees are aware of potential hazards and unsafe conditions.
- Develops and implements policies, programs, training, procedures, and work instructions for environmental and ISO 14001 to comply and conform with local, state and federal regulations.
- Plans and implements programs to train managers and employees in work site safety practices and correct handling techniques for chemicals, toxins, equipment, and other materials, as well as in environmental policies and procedures.
- Inspects organization’s facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Maintains environmental documentation and utilizes the documents and preparation and submission of required reports to regulatory agencies.
- Represents the organization in community or industry environmental programs.
Individual manages the environmental department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Required: Bachelor's degree, preferably in Engineering or Environmental Sciences.
- Required: 5+ years of Environmental Compliance experience within a Manufacturing or Industrial environment
- Required: Background in Wastewater and Air Quality permitting.
- Advanced knowledge of current city, county, state, and federal environmental permitting requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office platforms
- Exceptional analytical, negotiating, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize and complete multiple work assignments while meeting deadlines
Certificates and Licenses:
Required - Waste Water Treatment Operator Certification
Familiarity with RCRA, EPCRA, CAA, CWA, SWPPP, CERCLA, SPCC, TSCA, OSHA and ISO 14001 Standard
YKK AP America Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Learn more about your EEO rights as an applicant (Opens in a new window).
YKK AP America Inc. will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. United States Department of Labor. Learn more (Opens in a new window).
YKK AP America Inc. participates in the E-Verify program as required by law. Learn more about the E-Verify program (Opens in a new window).
Employment with YKK AP America Inc. is conditioned upon successfully completing a negative drug test for the presence of illegal drugs.