Our company culture is built upon YKK’s philosophy called the CYCLE OF GOODNESS™. We believe that providing value and being fair to our customers and our employees is what makes us a successful company in return. Guided by our core values and fundamental behaviors, we strive to foster a caring company, committed employees and challenging work that benefits our employees, customers, and communities. We offer competitive compensation packages, training and advancement opportunities. YKK AP America provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package designed to provide the security they need to enjoy life at home and at work. By providing a high level of benefit coverage at a reasonable cost to the employee, we hope to foster a long and productive employment relationship.
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities
- Prepares paint that is to be used during the course of the shift based on paint
- Starts up and verifies that equipment is working, i.e. paint booth and paint gun,
paint kitchen, dry off oven, Roxidizer.
- Sets and monitors paint equipment and keeps records of air pressure settings,
paint temperature, viscosity, reduction ratio and resistance.
- Continuously monitors filtering systems and coordinates filter change schedule
with the supervisor to not interrupt processing.
- Operates hand touch-up gun.
- Operates Waste Water Treatment equipment (treatment, chemical addition, sludge
- Maintains pretreatment equipment (cleaning, chemical addition).
- Keeps chemical inventory updated.
- Keeps assigned work area clean at all times.
- Removes hazardous waste as required.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
- Be vigilant about safety
- Quality - conscious, oriented to excellenceHigh School diploma/GED (minimum)
- Good working knowledge of Excel and Word Software.
- Must have at least 1 years Forklift and material handling experience.
- Preferred - 5 Years experience in a commercial painting operation
- Must have good communication and organizational skills.
YKK AP America Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Learn more about your EEO rights as an applicant (Opens in a new window).
YKK AP America Inc. will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. United States Department of Labor. Learn more (Opens in a new window).
YKK AP America Inc. participates in the E-Verify program as required by law. Learn more about the E-Verify program (Opens in a new window).
Employment with YKK AP America Inc. is conditioned upon successfully completing a negative drug test for the presence of illegal drugs.