Our company culture is built upon YKK’s philosophy called the CYCLE OF GOODNESS™. We believe that providing value and being fair to our customers and our employees is what makes us a successful company in return. Guided by our core values and fundamental behaviors, we strive to foster a caring company, committed employees and challenging work that benefits our employees, customers, and communities. We offer competitive compensation packages, training and advancement opportunities. YKK AP America provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package designed to provide the security they need to enjoy life at home and at work. By providing a high level of benefit coverage at a reasonable cost to the employee, we hope to foster a long and productive employment relationship.
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities
- Counts, weighs, measures, or examines packaging and contents of items for conformance to company specifications.
- Job requires constant stooping, bending, kneeling, and lifting in excess of 15 to 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand for a minimum of eight (8) hours
- Performs inventory work as required.
- Interprets work orders & pick sheets following written instructions to determine materials or carts to be moved or staged.
- Unloads & examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages & corresponds with responsible parties to rectify damages & shortages.
- Operates a fork truck, side loader, or reach lift to move materials, carts, and pallets to and from designated areas both systematically and physically.
- Performs daily maintenance and inspection of assigned lifts
- Assist in combining carts and pallets to better utilize warehouse space
- Keeps assigned work area clean at all times
- Complete any other related duties required and/or assigned by leadman, supervisor or manager
- Ability to handle inventory control procedures not limited to picking, receiving, stocking, and delivery to the correct destinations.
- Must be able to operate hand held scanners or computer to perform necessary transactions
- Verify accuracy of inventory by counting, weighing, or measuring items and comparing size, weight, description, and item numbers with information on invoices or packing slips and purchase orders; record any discrepancies or damages.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
- Be vigilant about safety
- Quality - conscious, oriented to excellence
- High School diploma/GED (minimum)
- Good Computer Skills
- Ability to recognize similarities and difference between profiles (MBZ/Packing) and labels (Packing)
- Basic Math Skills - Ability to add & subtract, multiply, divide.
- Ability to carry out detail written or oral instructions
- Good communication skills
YKK AP America Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Learn more about your EEO rights as an applicant (Opens in a new window).
YKK AP America Inc. will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. United States Department of Labor. Learn more (Opens in a new window).
YKK AP America Inc. participates in the E-Verify program as required by law. Learn more about the E-Verify program (Opens in a new window).
Employment with YKK AP America Inc. is conditioned upon successfully completing a negative drug test for the presence of illegal drugs.