Our company culture is built upon YKK’s philosophy called the CYCLE OF GOODNESS™. We believe that providing value and being fair to our customers and our employees is what makes us a successful company in return. Guided by our core values and fundamental behaviors, we strive to foster a caring company, committed employees and challenging work that benefits our employees, customers, and communities. We offer competitive compensation packages, training and advancement opportunities. YKK AP America provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package designed to provide the security they need to enjoy life at home and at work. By providing a high level of benefit coverage at a reasonable cost to the employee, we hope to foster a long and productive employment relationship.
The purpose of this position is to perform activities that maintain regulatory compliance and assist the Environmental Manager as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Assist facilities with their environmental programs
- Compile and input data in the environmental management system
- Participate in environmental auditing as required
- Assist in administrative duties for the environmental department
- Participates in the ISO-14001 Environmental Management system and supports the inspections and audit processes for all departments.
- Assist in the development of relevant environmental training documents and train employees on environmental topics
- Assists with the labeling, handling, shipping and disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous materials.
- Assists with the management of recyclable wastes. Participates with the bulking, baling and packaging of waste materials for recycling.
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned.
Required – High School Diploma or GED
Preferred – Associate’s degree in Environmental related field OR at least 2 years of related environmental experience within a manufacturing environment.
Must have basic computer knowledge including Word and Excel
Certificates and Licenses:
Preferred: Familiarity with RCRA, EPCRA, CAA, CWA, SWPPP, CERCLA, SPCC, TSCA, OSHA and ISO 14001 Standard
YKK AP America Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Learn more about your EEO rights as an applicant (Opens in a new window).
YKK AP America Inc. will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. United States Department of Labor. Learn more (Opens in a new window).
YKK AP America Inc. participates in the E-Verify program as required by law. Learn more about the E-Verify program (Opens in a new window).
YKK AP America Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can follow the process outlined below when applying for a position: Provide your name and contact information to YKK AP's Accommodations team at email@example.com. Your request will be responded to as soon as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Employment with YKK AP America Inc. is conditioned upon successfully completing a negative drug test for the presence of illegal drugs.