Our company culture is built upon YKK’s philosophy called the CYCLE OF GOODNESS™. We believe that providing value and being fair to our customers and our employees is what makes us a successful company in return. Guided by our core values and fundamental behaviors, we strive to foster a caring company, committed employees and challenging work that benefits our employees, customers, and communities. We offer competitive compensation packages, training and advancement opportunities. YKK AP America provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package designed to provide the security they need to enjoy life at home and at work. By providing a high level of benefit coverage at a reasonable cost to the employee, we hope to foster a long and productive employment relationship.
ThIs position will be directly responsible for overseeing accounting responsibilities and using various analytical skills to monitor and analyze financial and accounting data. Also, this position is responsible for account reconciliations, and the oversight of various sub systems such as fixed assets, lease accounting, cash position, etc. The position requires a great emphasis on details present findings to management. The position is actively involved in the month-end close, and year-end audit. To be successful, this position needs to be detailed oriented and have an excellent understanding of GAAP and internal control concepts.
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities
- Preparing and analyzing financial, accounting, and production data for both the monthly reporting and the preparation of journal entries.
- Preparing and filing of property tax returns.
- Ensuring compliance with GAAP accounting standards, Company’s internal control procedures and practices.
- Reviewing and analyzing account books for efficiency and accuracy.
- Verifying and reconciling the accuracy of various balance sheet accounts. Required to understand account definition, reason for transactions, and identify the correct source document. Reconciling items need to be identified, aged, and properly adjusted.
- Responsible for the month-end and year-end closing processes.
- Coordinating the preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analyses, and information reports.
- Analyzing accounts for accruals and depreciation of assets; managing sales tax issues related to invoices.
- Assisting in annual Financial and JSox audits. Analyzing and recommending controls, identifying risk areas and/or improperly handled transactions and advising and recommending the strengthening of internal control.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Finance/Accounting plus 3 - 5 years of related experience and/or training
- 3 - 5 years of manufacturing experience, preferred
- Cost accounting experience is an added advantage
- CPA Certification a plus
- In-depth working knowledge of methods, procedures and terminology is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft office, with emphasis on Data Access and Excel, this includes pivot tables and v-lookup
- Be vigilant about safety
- Quality - conscious, oriented to excellence
YKK AP America Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Learn more about your EEO rights as an applicant (Opens in a new window).
YKK AP America Inc. will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. United States Department of Labor. Learn more (Opens in a new window).
YKK AP America Inc. participates in the E-Verify program as required by law. Learn more about the E-Verify program (Opens in a new window).
YKK AP America Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can follow the process outlined below when applying for a position: Provide your name and contact information to YKK AP's Accommodations team at email@example.com. Your request will be responded to as soon as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Employment with YKK AP America Inc. is conditioned upon successfully completing a negative drug test for the presence of illegal drugs.